Samsung Event Details
Note: Kindly upload the spreedsheet and the assignment in a zip format, pl name your assignment along with your name and student ID.
eg: BADA-smitha-456(student id)
Ever thought that your mobile is missing something? Ever thought about an application you must have in your mobile?Let us know and win a prize!!
Idea hunt has 10 different themes and you have to present any idea of a mobile application associated to these themes. Themes will be published everyday.
Scribble your idea
- Where: Samsung Booth (BITS Apogee)
- What: Take a paper idea form Scribble your idea Drop into the idea ballet box
Mail your idea:
- To help you present your idea, an idea template PPT is provided
- Where: Samsung Idea Email: email@example.com
- What: Download Idea template Make your PPT Send it in mail
- When: Throughout the Apogee event
a) Strong need
b) Picture and Block diagrams
c) Clear usage of idea
Make your PPT by using guidelines from the idea template. Download Idea template
In case your idea doesn’t belong to any of the given themes you can write miscellaneous in the theme field.
Example idea presentation for your reference: Example Idea Template
Prize: The most useful idea will be selected and Samsung phone will be awarded. If you feel your idea is useful to millions of mobile user then you won the prize.
Samsung Developer Challenge is the opportunity to innovate and show your caliber! The challenge lets you get creative while you are exploring our exciting new mobile platform . Develop your applications by tapping into a whole new market, where you will be among the first to establish your presence. At the same time, you can win exciting prizes in this contest. Well developed applications can also be hosted on the Samsung App Store. www.developer.bada.com
Our product development team will be available at our stall at BITS-Pilani during Apogee-2010 to answer your queries. At our stall you can also get a firsthand view of an example application running on the platform.
SDK (software devlopment kit) will be released for public this week.
Contest will run for 1 month from thereon.
- Registration will be online open for 5 days from 10-Mar-2010 to 14-Mar-2010
- All submissions are required before the midnight of 10-Apr-2010
- Each team can be of 1 to 3 people (teams of more than 3 people will be disqualified)
- One person can be a member of only one team
- Provide your team name, number of people, team member names, individual email ids and college name for registration
- Results will be announced during the 4th week of April 2010
- Download the SDK (software development kit) and IDE (integrated development environment) from official site. www..com
- Refer sample applications and examples provided in SDK
- Refer to official site (www..com) for detailed articles and developer discussion forums
- Submit the project along with the presentation using the given template Download before the deadline, to be considered in the evaluation process
- Samsung reserves the right to modify the contest rules without any prior notice
The best application will be selected for the grand prize. Each member of the winning team will be awarded a Samsung phone along with The Developers’ Den Winner certificate.
- Innovative ideas - How unique and creative the application is in the way that it uses the platform
- Usefulness - How useful is the application
- Robustness - Does the application work robustly without issues
- Usability - Is the application simple to understand and easy to use
Keep watching this site for the latest updates
Samsung presents you a challenge to exercise your creativity and come up with the most useful application using tech pieces. Here is your opportunity to showcase you talent and guess what? you could win a Samsung Mobile Phone.
- Many tech pieces with known functionality will be provided. (Ex) Translation Engine: It translates English sentence to Hindi sentence.
- Design a mobile application using the given tech pieces.
- You can use any number of these pieces from the given list, there is no coding involved in this contest
Tech pieces will be published during the event.
Prize: The winning application is selected based on the degree of its effectiveness and the design creativity that you apply.
When: 11th, 12th and 13th of March
On-the-spot design of an application using these tech pieces. “Come on and instigate your mastermind”
Visit our stall, tell us about yourself and your entry numbers could win you a grand prize of Samsung mobile phone.
Being at the forefront of technology and innovation has been one of the most critical aspects in the growth saga of Samsung. It is this edge that has made Samsung one of the most admired and respected consumer electronics brand as well as the global leader in high tech electronics manufaturing and digital media. Through innovative , reliable products and services, talented people ; a responsible approach to business and global citizenship; and collaboration with our partners and customers , Samsung is taking the world in imaginative new directions. Keeping this corporate vision of Samsung in mind , we will be showcasing some of the innovative and market leading technology and features in our products that has been appreciated by our customers globally.
Click here to visit Samsung Events Page
- Paper Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Project Presentation
- Code & Simulate
- Develop & Discover
- Online Events
- Guest Lectures
- Samsung Events
- TMH IQ Championship