For veteran coders, avid quizzers and the otherwise technically inclined; Apogee is the place to be, what with a plethora of skill and discipline-specific competitions. However, adding colour to the fest with intriguing events requiring only creativity and wit, Saurabh Saha’s team give the average BITSian a chance to get involved and make some dough.
CrAC has five on-campus events lined up this time:
- Bob the Builder: The marquee event’ highly anticipated with over a 100 registrations already. Having provided with junk items like tic-tacs, domino’s, the teams have to come up with a working model for the given problem statement.
- A Date with Ms. Paint: An IPC event; participants are required to come up with the most innovative design, using only MS Paint, the household digital canvas.
- Puzzled: Hugely successful the last time, a fun quiz involving Sudoku, trixies and similar brain-teasers.
- Title Battle: One of CrAC’s longest running events; participants have to give suitable titles to the given write-ups. Will take place along with Galleria.
- Bull’s Eye: As the name suggests, you have to hit the bull’s eye. The catch: You have to make your weapon yourself. Primarily, a bow-and-arrow making competition.
Apart from the events, CrAC has also planned an exhibition Galleria, that will showcase the club-members’ talents, in various forms ranging from lampshades to jewellery exhibitions. Entries from faculty members are also invited, which surely would make it an interesting watch.
As for monetary allocations, CrAC is not one to crib.”The budget is pretty satisfactory. Preparations are also on track for most part,” says an enthusiastic Saurabh Saha, “In keeping with the spirit of Apogee, we have tried to add a technical edge to all our events, while keeping them generic and creatively stimulating at the same time.”